Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camping Fun


HAPPY LATE 4th! We had a great time! Back in high school I had a good friend named Amanda. We lost track of each other for a while, but through the miracle of facebook I, or rather she was able to find me again! It is funny how you can go so long without seeing someone and start right where you left off. She is a little older than me and was like a big sister to me. To top it all off she has a little boy Quintons age and they are best friends!


We went camping to Payson Lakes and had a great time! We got up there on Thursday night and set up camp. We got a new tent so those of you who have experienced that you know how that goes! :) We set it up in one spot and thought that it might be better in another. Ashton was in his usual spot (strapped in his seat) and as we moved the tent one of the poles caught on the handle of the stroller and sent him face first into the bushes and dirt. Needless to say he was a little pissed! We sat him up and dusted him off...he was alright, but I laughed.


We went downstairs and started dinner. Good old tin foil dinners! While it was cooking I drove down to the lake to make a phone call. This little dog ran in front of my car looking scared as crap! We took it back to camp and about two hours later (about 1:00 am) we hear this guy just whispering "Winny." We ran down to grab him, but the dog beat us to him. I thought the guy was going to kiss me square on the mouth. This dog was his daughters who has down syndrome and she was heart broken. Cara and her animal loving has rubbed off on me...but seriously I am glad we returned the dog!
The next day we went down to the lake and the kids romped around. I am getting tired of typing if you can't tell so I am going to finish this post and finish tomorrow!

1 comment:

Citizen Jared said...

you lying sack of poo.. you didn't finish the post! sounds like you had a great time camping! and chillin with old friends! i've had my finnish friend sara here this whole week and its been so much fun! i'd like to go camping soon!